Hard and semi-hard cheese technologies DCT24
This course takes place every year, ask about the next dates.
Hard and semi-hard cheese technologies learning
OBJECTIVES AND PROGRESS OF THE TRAINING
· Better knowledge in hard and semi-hard cheese processes
· Knowledge in raw materials and comparison with standards
· Management of raw and pasteurized milk hard and semi-hard cheese processes
· Improvement of milk quality in hard and semi-hard cheese processes
· Organization of work to correct defects in hard and semi-hard cheese processes
Technicians, cheesemakers, R&D managers, engineers
The course is meant for professionals with:
- Knowledge of cheese processes
- Practice in cheesemaking or cheese processes
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Participants should ideally have basic knowledge of the microbiological and biochemical aspects of cheesemaking.
TRAINING COURSE PROGRAM
Welcome and presentation of participants
- Presentation of European hard cheeses and semi-hard cheeses : types characteristics and descriptors, overview of European legislation
- Quality of raw milks and influence on cheese
- Milk preparation and standardization for hard and semi-hard cheeses
- Technological parameters
- Coagulation / Clotting agents, syneresis and whey draining – biochemistry and molecular interactions
- Acidification and starters – biochemistry and molecular interactions
- Salting, brining
- Ripening factors and defects in hard and semi-hard cheeses : origins, how to cure it
Practical sessions in pilot plant
- Production of hard cheese including addition of water variations for curd lactose reduction
- Production of cooked curd in traditional copper vats
- Whey starters piloting
- Production of hard cheese including milk protein variations
Visit of "Hameau du fromage"
- Theoretical courses
- Practical sessions / cases studies
- Cheese making in dairy conditions
- Open copper vats of 1.000 and 1.500 liters with vacuum moulding Châlon Mégard system.
- Two closed Guérin double O vats of 4.000 liters each with automatic pre-press vat moulding
DATE : from 21nd january to 25 february 2019 (week 4) - This course takes place every year, ask about the next dates.
COST : 1560€ ( without meals and accommodation)
LENGTH : 32 hours
PLACE : National Dairy School (ENIL) of Besançon-Mamirolle - 25 620 MAMIROLLE - FRANCE
LANGUAGE : All courses are in English
TRAINERS / LECTURERS
Julien ROUILLAUD, experimented trainer in hard and semi-hard cheese technology and in adults education
WHO WE ARE ?
Situated in the heart of Franche-Comté, first french region for the manufacturing of unpasteurized milk cheeses and the manufacturing of cheese spreads, the National Dairy School (ENIL) of Besançon-Mamirolle trains the technicians and the experts of the dairy companies since 1888.
As a member of the National Dairy Schools Network and the European Association of the Dairy technologists, our institute trains students and employees from all over the world.
YOUR STAY WITH US
Meals and accommodation Hotels in the town of Besançon (120 000 habitants)
Informations and REGISTRATIONS
ANFOPEIL – Réseau des ENILs
Place du Champ de foire - 39800 POLIGNY - FRANCE
Phone : +33 (0) 3 84 37 27 24 / E-mail : email@example.com
National Dairy School (ENIL) of Besançon-Mamirolle
Grande Rue - 25620 MAMIROLLE - FRANCE
Phone + 33 (0)381 559 200 / Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.00
Adeline COINTE – email@example.com
How to come to Besancon-Mamirolle ?
Lyon Saint-Exupery Airport (LYS) + car (2h00)
Highway A36 from Strasbourg / Mulhouse
Highway A6/A36 from Paris
Highway A40/ A39 from Lyon
This training is then available for specific training session in your cheese factory.