The ENILs, a century-plus-long story of the dairy industry
The Ecoles Nationales d’Industrie Laitière (National Dairy Industry Schools) were founded 130 years ago in 1888.
Even if our main vocation was to train up milk- and cheese-industry professionals, our two schools now train professionals highly sought-after by enterprises in the food industry, biotechnical entreprises and those specialized in Quality and water management.
So each year we welcome over 600 students, high-schoolers, apprentices and trainees for professional teaching and training. Now, as public establishments attached to the Minister of Agriculture and the Regional Council of Bourgogne France-Comté, today we offer more than 30 training courses from NVQ to BTEC Higher National Diplomas.
We also offer the opportunity to continue studies up to Masters level with Higher Education Establishments (Universities, Engineering Schools).
2 schools, each with their speciality
The ENIL of Besançon-Mamirolle, offers training courses in :
- dairy orientation
- biotechnical analyses
- the management and treatment of water.
The ENIL of Poligny is specialised in training courses for :
- the food industry
- biological engineering for fermented drinks
In partnership with the Poligny Hotelier Training School (Lycée-Hotellier) and the CNAM, a training course for collective catering has been established.
Beyond simple professional know-how, we also help develop professional social skills in order to ensure the success of the youths and adults who have given their trust to us.
We are constantly communicating and exchanging with professionals and their representatives. For us, companies and enterprises are our partners, every day.
Public service values
Our priority is to enable the success of our students. Our status as a public establishment allows us to offer very high quality training courses at affordable prices, and deploy significant human and material resources.
A high priority is the transmission to our students of scientific and technical knowledge. We also develop the soft skills needed by each of our students. Our conviction: soft skills synergise know-how.
Our rigour, self-reliance, solidarity, willingness to listen, and professionalism are the keystones of our training courses.
High-performance and modern educational resources
At Mamirolle and Poligny there are 2 halls of nearly 5000m² each.
Including food industry transformation workshops, labaoratories for chemical or biochemical microbiological and applied physics and food industry transformation, our 2 halls also contain a microbrewery and an ice cream production room.
These specialised installations allow our students to work on every stage of transformation and produce fresh products every morning.
The Besancon-Mamirolle ENIL: A training establishment within the Greater Besancon transport network.
Located 14 km from the Franche-Comté capital (Besancon) on the Besancon – Lausanne access, Mamirolle has all the local services required (health, shops…) As well as socio-cultural and sporting activities. The establishment is served by a SNCF-TER railway.
The Poligny ENILBIO: a school in a city full of character at the heart of an important food industry nexus.
Located at the crossroads of the Paris–Geneva and Strasbourg–Lyon routes, Poligny is recognised as the Comté’s capital. All year round, the town has a rich panoply of cultural and sporting activities.
A constant preoccupation: the employment integration and professional development of our students.
Our 6-month post-course employment integration rate for the last 5 years is over 94%. This high level is obtained through the high quality of our training and our proactive approach to employment integration. We propose, through partnerships with previous students, personalised assistance in finding employment via our placement bureau.
Strong and long-lasting partnerships with training establishments…
With the support of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Bourgogne Franche-Comté region, partnerships have been established, notably including :
- the other ENILs
- food industry enterprisesthe universities of Franche-Comté, Lorraine, Bourgogne, Artois and the IESEIL
- the engineering schools of AGROSUP (Dijon), ENSAIA (Nancy), and many other agricultural and vinicultural schools.
- A network of continued education training centres, via the FOAD platform.
- Our collaboration with the working world (from artisanal small enterprises up to world leaders in the food industry) is equally active and engaged.
An ever wider and deeper international presence
For the students and training establishments :
- transfer of educational methodology,
- courses abroad
- partnerships with foreign schools and institutes
- special contacts with previous students, for jobseeking abroad
- foreign company training courses
- welcome of foreign salaried employees
Our international cooperation efforts also include European projects:
- participation in European Union programs (ERASMUS).
High-performance and modern educational resources
We give a high priority, in our educational approach to :
- socially-sized establishments
- training personnel available to assist
- individualized supervision of the students
- Practical Exercises to optimise everybody’s chances of success
- a willingness to listen and help in the execution of professional project
- the possibility of further studies (original track or through apprenticeships)
- training and teaching personnel who ensure the practical training and applied research missions.